Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Feilpe Vieira Silva <fg...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/05 18:29:08 UTC

dependency without version - is it possible?

How can I include a dependency in my project.xml without specify the version?

example: I need a framework dependency but I don´t matter which
version - in fact I prefer to use the last release of the such
framework. How can I define it? snapshot?

regards,

   Felipe Gaúcho
   Schoolbus owner

Re: dependency without version - is it possible?

Posted by Eric Black <eb...@concord.org>.
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org> on Friday, November 5, 2004 at
12:29 PM +0000 wrote:
>How can I include a dependency in my project.xml without specify the
>version?

Hi,

Use the jar override in the project.properties file:

maven.jar.override=on
maven.jar.{jarname}=../thirdparty/{jarname}.jar

{jarname} gets replaced with the  jar artifactId that you specified in
the project.xml dependency.

Using the jar override ignores the  version tag.

Eric

Re: dependency without version - is it possible?

Posted by Eric Black <eb...@concord.org>.
12:29 PM +0000 wrote:
>example: I need a framework dependency but I don´t matter which
>version - in fact I prefer to use the last release of the such
>framework. How can I define it? snapshot?

Actually, if you can use SNAPSHOT, that's the best bet.

Eric