Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by "Rogers, Mike" <mi...@technology3.com> on 2002/06/26 18:00:30 UTC

Having problems with xml-rpc on the Mac OS 9.1

We are building an application which uses servlets server side and a java
app (v.1.1 AWT). We are using xml-rpc to communicate.

It works perfectly on Windows & Mac OS X. On Mac OS 9, the XML parsing fails
in some cases. Upon further investiagtion, it looks like the stream from the
URLConnection is garbled and missing characters. We have tried the regular
client and the Lite client. Same problem both times.

Any ideas on what to look at next?

Mike

Re: Having problems with xml-rpc on the Mac OS 9.1

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Rogers, Mike" <mi...@technology3.com> writes:

> We are building an application which uses servlets server side and a java
> app (v.1.1 AWT). We are using xml-rpc to communicate.
>
> It works perfectly on Windows & Mac OS X. On Mac OS 9, the XML parsing fails
> in some cases. Upon further investiagtion, it looks like the stream from the
> URLConnection is garbled and missing characters. We have tried the regular
> client and the Lite client. Same problem both times.
>
> Any ideas on what to look at next?

Could be a problem with your Mac OS 9 JVM.  Can you reproduce the
problem outside of the context of XML-RPC?

Re: Having problems with xml-rpc on the Mac OS 9.1

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.