Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Timothy Wonil Lee <ti...@koorong.com.au> on 2008/07/09 08:53:17 UTC

[S2] s:iterator tag - var or id

Hi all,

I was trying to use s:iterator tag, and when I looked at the documentation
on http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.2/docs/iterator.html
it says, attribute (parameter) 'id' is deprecated and 'var' should be used.
So I did:
<s:iterator var="profile" value="profiles" status="row">

However, my IDE complained about the attribute 'var' being not valid
according to the TLD.
So I looked at the struts-tags.tld (which was inside
struts2-core-2.0.11.2.jar file) and I am lead to believe that the TLD indeed
does not define 'var' attribute.

Using the 'id' isn't too much of a problem for me at the moment, but I was
just wondering if this was a known issue.
Does anybody know if this is reported as a JIRA issue?

Timothy Wonil Lee

Java Developer
http://timundergod.blogspot.com/

RE: [S2] s:iterator tag - var or id

Posted by Timothy Wonil Lee <ti...@koorong.com.au>.
Ah.. I see.
Thank you.

Timothy Wonil Lee

Java Developer
http://timundergod.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately those docs are for the 2.1.x version of Struts even
though they say they are for the 2.0.x line (and are shipped with it).
 At this point you have to use the id attribute.  I'm not sure what
the technical reason that prevents the documentation being versioned
like the rest of the code, maybe one of the committers can explain.
  (*Chris*)

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Timothy Wonil Lee
<ti...@koorong.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to use s:iterator tag, and when I looked at the documentation
> on http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11.2/docs/iterator.html
> it says, attribute (parameter) 'id' is deprecated and 'var' should be
used.
> So I did:
> <s:iterator var="profile" value="profiles" status="row">
>
> However, my IDE complained about the attribute 'var' being not valid
> according to the TLD.
> So I looked at the struts-tags.tld (which was inside
> struts2-core-2.0.11.2.jar file) and I am lead to believe that the TLD
indeed
> does not define 'var' attribute.
>
> Using the 'id' isn't too much of a problem for me at the moment, but I was
> just wondering if this was a known issue.
> Does anybody know if this is reported as a JIRA issue?
>
> Timothy Wonil Lee
>
> Java Developer
> http://timundergod.blogspot.com/

!DSPAM:48746182256198698421205!

RE: Re: [S2] s:iterator tag - var or id

Posted by "newton.dave@yahoo.com" <ne...@yahoo.com>.
The wiki is a database, not versionable files. There's only one wiki, exported to files for the distros.

This means no matter what version of Struts a bit of documentation is for it's going into a single uber-wiki--we can't say 'okay, this is for version 2.1 of the wiki', all we can do is add version-specific info to the documentation, and for one reason or another this hasn't been done for this specific information. Anyone with a CLA on file could update this information (although TLD documentation itself requires commit access, adding a non-source-level note wouldn't require source access).

Dave

Re: [S2] s:iterator tag - var or id

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.