Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com> on 2000/10/09 12:03:08 UTC

C2 INSTALL file missing?

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> steven.noels@the-ecorp.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure - but I got the same error yesterday and everything works fine
> > now.
> >
> > 1) My cocoon check-out dates from approx. one week ago
> > 2) I'm running on the 'stock' Tomcat 4m1 build - get it from the jakarta
> > website
> > 3) I've dropped all the jar's (cocoon included) into the tomcat lib
> > directory
> > 4) I've build the webapp from cocoon and copied the war file in the tomcat
> > webapps dir
> > 5) you have to be carefull setting the CATALINE_HOME environment variable
> > 6) and you have to move into the tomcat/bin directory before starting
> > 'catalina start'
>
> Why don't you guys read the INSTALL page? I did wrote it for a reason :/

Could it be the INSTALL file is missing? I got C2 running a few weeks ago, but
only with the help of somebody's mail (I don't remember who it was, maybe you).
C2 installation is really a piece of cake if you know how to do it. I thought I
overlooked something and searched for the proper installation instruction but
didn't found any. Since then I frequently check out C2 and I have LICENSE,
README and WARNING but no INSTALL (even though README says I shall look into
it).

Conny

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com

Re: C2 INSTALL file missing?

Posted by Brian May <ba...@snoopy.apana.org.au>.
    >> reason :/

    Conny> Could it be the INSTALL file is missing? I got C2 running a
    Conny> few weeks ago, but only with the help of somebody's mail (I

INSTALL is only a relatively recent file, it may not have existed
several weeks ago.

    Conny> don't remember who it was, maybe you).  C2 installation is
    Conny> really a piece of cake if you know how to do it. I thought
    Conny> I overlooked something and searched for the proper
    Conny> installation instruction but didn't found any. Since then I
    Conny> frequently check out C2 and I have LICENSE, README and
    Conny> WARNING but no INSTALL (even though README says I shall
    Conny> look into it).

Hope this helps:

RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-cocoon/Attic/INSTALL,v
Working file: INSTALL
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
        xml-cocoon2: 1.1.0.2
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 2;     selected revisions: 2
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 2000/09/27 14:29:17;  author: stefano;  state: dead;
branches:  1.1.2;
file INSTALL was initially added on branch xml-cocoon2.
revision 1.1.2.1
date: 2000/09/27 14:29:17;  author: stefano;  state: Exp;  lines: +118 -0
added run scripts, updated build system, written installation doc

Just curious: "state: dead" means???
--
Brian May <ba...@snoopy.apana.org.au>