Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Hardik Shah <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/07 07:22:58 UTC

how to pass parameter in next action

can anybody say how to pass or push parameter in valuestack and get it from
another action in struts 2

really confused with all valuestack stuff

suppose

i have

<action name="AddComboValue"
class="com.docmgmt.struts.actions.attribute.SaveAttribute"
method="AddComboValue">
	<result>/attribute/AttribComboValue.jsp</result>

	</action>

	<action name="AddAttribute"
class="com.docmgmt.struts.actions.attribute.SaveAttribute">
		<result type="redirect-action">attriblist</result>
		<result name="ComboForm" type="redirect-action">AddComboValue</result>
	</action>

i want to put my one parameter attrid  in request scope when executing
AddAttribute action if result type ComboForm and want to get from
AddComboValue action java file in struts 2.0.11.2

can anybody gives me a way?
thanks in advance

Re: how to pass parameter in next action

Posted by Mead Lai <la...@gmail.com>.
It's same like the parameter from jsp page.

AddComboValue?parm1=${value}
in your Action declare a

public String parm1;
getParm1()
setParm1()

now just use parm1 the get the value.
good luck.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM, Hardik Shah <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for reply
>
> and how i can get this parameter in my addattribute action java file
>
> using actioncontext or what?
>

> Mead Lai wrote:
> >
> >  <action name="AddAttribute"
> > class="com.docmgmt.struts.actions.attribute.SaveAttribute">
> >                <result type="redirect-action">attriblist</result>
> >                <result name="ComboForm"
> > type="redirect-action">AddComboValue?parm1=${value}</result>
> >        </action>
> >
> > append the actionName "AddComboValue?parm1=${value}", but no ".action".
> > It's OK!
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Hardik Shah <ha...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> >> can anybody say how to pass or push parameter in valuestack and get it
> >> from
> >> another action in struts 2
> >>
> >> really confused with all valuestack stuff
> >>
> >> suppose
> >>
> >> i have
> >>
> >> ----------------------------------------------------
> >> <action name="AddComboValue"
> >> class="com.docmgmt.struts.actions.attribute.SaveAttribute"
> >> method="AddComboValue">
> >>        <result>/attribute/AttribComboValue.jsp</result>
> >>
> >>        </action>
> >>
> >>        <action name="AddAttribute"
> >> class="com.docmgmt.struts.actions.attribute.SaveAttribute">
> >>                <result type="redirect-action">attriblist</result>
> >>                <result name="ComboForm"
> >> type="redirect-action">AddComboValue</result>
> >>        </action>

> >> i want to put my one parameter attrid  in request scope when executing
> >> AddAttribute action if result type ComboForm and want to get from
> >> AddComboValue action java file in struts 2.0.11.2
> >>
> >> can anybody gives me a way?
> >> thanks in advance
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > BestRegards,
> > Mead
> > http://yayisoft.com
> >
> > Dick Cavett  - "If your parents never had children, chances are you won't
> > either."

BestRegards,
Mead
http://yayisoft.com

Everett Dirksen  - "A billion here and a billion there, and soon you're
talking about real money."

Re: how to pass parameter in next action

Posted by Hardik Shah <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for reply

Posted by Mead Lai <la...@gmail.com>.
 <action name="AddAttribute"