Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com> on 2017/11/17 16:00:57 UTC

Need permissions to push to asf/master

Because we're trying to rebase all our commits onto the master branch on the ASF repository I am trying to just push one commit to the asf master.

git push asf master

But am getting

fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /incubator-daffodil.git

Can I get the necessary permissions?

This is the URL I have for the "asf" git remote:

git://git.apache.org/incubator-daffodil.git

RE: Need permissions to push to asf/master

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com>.
Nevermind - issue resolved.

My whimsy.apache.org password worked.

Using that remote URL I get prompted for username and password, but none of my apache passwords seem to work.

On 11/17/2017 11:00 AM, Mike Beckerle wrote:
> Because we're trying to rebase all our commits onto the master branch on the ASF repository I am trying to just push one commit to the asf master.
>

> git push asf master
>

> But am getting
>

> fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported: /incubator-daffodil.git
>

> Can I get the necessary permissions?
>

> This is the URL I have for the "asf" git remote:
>

> git://git.apache.org/incubator-daffodil.git

Not sure if there's a difference, but my asf remote is:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-daffodil.git

Does using that as your remote work?

RE: Need permissions to push to asf/master

Posted by Mike Beckerle <mb...@tresys.com>.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.