Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastian Stein <se...@hpfsc.de> on 2007/12/16 14:24:31 UTC

eclipse plugin doesn't work

Hi,

I'm trying to issue the following command on a maven project:

mvn eclipse:eclipse

But I get the following error message:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

This is really strange, because in the past I was able to run this command
without any problems. I installed a fresh copy of mvn 2.0.8 on linux. If I
take a look into the maven-2.0.8-uber.jar, I can't find in
org/apache/maven/plugin a path to the eclipse plugin.

Do I have to manually download the plugin?

Regards,

Sebastian
--
http://sebstein.hpfsc.de/

Re: eclipse plugin doesn't work

Posted by Sebastian Stein <se...@hpfsc.de>.
Marat Radchenko <sl...@gmail.com> [071216 16:23]:
> try invoking mvn -U eclipse:eclipse

Thanks, that worked!

Sebastian
--
http://www.halle-ist-schoen.de/
Bilddokumentation der schoensten Saalestadt

Re: eclipse plugin doesn't work

Posted by Greg Morgan <dr...@cox.net>.

Marat Radchenko wrote:
> try invoking mvn -U eclipse:eclipse

mvn at the command line reports
 -U,--update-snapshots         Update all snapshots regardless of
                               repository policies
>> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin'
does not
>> exist or no valid version could be found

What was your guess/experience to the relate the message with the -U
option?  The answer seems important to other packages, etc.

Posted by Marat Radchenko <sl...@gmail.com>.