Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2017/03/24 18:17:00 UTC

What's the status of fuse support in HDFS?

Hi!

quick question: what is the status of hdfs-fuse support these days?
On one hand, it seems to be doing quite well in Hadoop 3, on the
other hand it feels like most downstream distros seem to disable it.

Is it basically at the "contrib" support level, even though it is still part
of the core hdfs tree? Or are the rumors of its deaths greatly exaggerated? ;-)

The reason I'm asking is simply because over on Bigtop side we'd like
to get a bit more guidance on what to do with the fuse tests.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: What's the status of fuse support in HDFS?

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
AFAIK we don't have any plans to stop supporting it, though its importance
has greatly diminished with the addition of the NFS gateway.

What do you mean by "most downstream distros seem to disable it"? It looks
like it's still in the latest version of CDH:

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cdh_ig_hdfs_mountable.html

Best,
Andrew