Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aitor Iturriondobeitia <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/16 16:50:19 UTC

create one unique directroy for my project with the timestamp format. Please help me

Hello

i am trying, during several days, to buids my proyects, copy my
configurations... to one directory
thsi directory must be unique and the name must to have the timestap format
(yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss)
i cannot, i am unable to get it. can you help me please?
i have the next project structure.
i must to set one directory, into the parent (proyect parent1) into one
variable ant this variable must to have the timestap value into
yyyyMMdd-HH.mm.ss format

if into the project parent2, project parent 3, project parent n i write the
directory using the varaible value alway change it to the compilation time.
how can i load one unique value for this timestap into one property for
usint into all projects?

thanks

*proyect parent1
 |--project parent2
 |    |--project1.1
 |  |--project1.2
 |  |--project1.3
 |   |--project1.n
 |--proyect parent3
 |    |--project2.1
 |    |--project2.2
 |  |--project2.3
 |  |--project2.n
 |--project parentn
      |--projectn.1
      |--projectn.2
      |--projectn.3
   |--projectn.n

Re: create one unique directroy for my project with the timestamp format. Please help me

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
@Aitor,

Looks like you want to assemble a bunch of artifact into a directory with
root directory has a timestamp format

1. Create a Maven project  with its src/main/runtime has the static contents

      pom.xml
        src/main/runtime
                     app1
                        configuration1.properties
                     app2
                        configuration.properties

2. In your pom.xml

    - use maven-antrun-plugin to generate the timestamp and mkdir with that
name under your ${project.build.directory}/staging
    - use maven-antrun-plugin to copy the static content over
    - use maven-dependency-plugin:copy to copy each specific dependency to
your staging directory to your desire location

3. Finally use maven-assembly-plugin to zip up your staging

Hope this helps

-Dan

Posted by Aitor Iturriondobeitia <la...@gmail.com>.
hello