Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Nigel L Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> on 2016/11/22 11:35:16 UTC

graduation - plan?

What is the current plan/expectation around graduation of Apache Ranger
from incubator status?

Are there particular issues still to be worked through, or is it just that
it hasn't been felt necessary so far?

I ask merely as I was also reading up on Apache Sentry recently & noted
that graduated earlier this year

Nigel.

---
Nigel Jones - Software Architect - IBM Analytics Group

Unless stated otherwise above:

Re: graduation - plan?

Posted by Nigel Jones <ni...@cherrybyte.me.uk>.
Glad that the question has prompted some activity in this area. As a
newbie/outsider it did appear to me Ranger was getting established, and it
does give the project a little more credence and aid in getting more people
onboard :-)

Re: graduation - plan?

Posted by Dilli Dorai <di...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: graduation - plan?

Posted by Balaji Ganesan <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: graduation - plan?

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
I think the project is probably mature enough to consider graduation now.
It's up to the PMC to drive it though.

Colm.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Nigel L Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> What is the current plan/expectation around graduation of Apache Ranger
> from incubator status?
>
> Are there particular issues still to be worked through, or is it just that
> it hasn't been felt necessary so far?
>

> I ask merely as I was also reading up on Apache Sentry recently & noted
> that graduated earlier this year
>

> Nigel.
>

> ---
> Nigel Jones - Software Architect - IBM Analytics Group
>

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder