Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by "Jonathan M. Hollin" <ne...@digital-word.com> on 2002/07/01 11:03:02 UTC

[OT] Mozilla WAS: RE: NS4.08

> I think we can live with that. Mozilla will take over the world anyway
> :) it's just a matter of time :)

Oh yeah - after recently downloading Mozilla I heartily agree.  Mozilla has
finally ended my four-year love affair with MS IE.  I think its rendering
engine is close to perfect, its standards compliance superb and its speed
promises nirvana.  AND, it's skinnable!  :-))

Jonathan M. Hollin
WYPUG
http://wypug.pm.org/

Re: [OT] Mozilla WAS: RE: NS4.08

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 16:57 01.07.2002, Bill Moseley wrote:
>At 10:03 AM 07/01/02 +0100, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:
>
> >Oh yeah - after recently downloading Mozilla I heartily agree.  Mozilla has
> >finally ended my four-year love affair with MS IE.  I think its rendering
> >engine is close to perfect, its standards compliance superb and its speed
> >promises nirvana.  AND, it's skinnable!  :-))
>
>I just wish it was faster opening....  I like Opera these days.  I find IE
>impossible to work with mostly due to the way it caches (and caches, and
>caches,... ).

Opera is king :)

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

RE: [OT] Mozilla WAS: RE: NS4.08

Posted by "Jonathan M. Hollin" <ne...@digital-word.com>.
> >Oh yeah - after recently downloading Mozilla I heartily agree.
> Mozilla has
> >finally ended my four-year love affair with MS IE.  I think its rendering
> >engine is close to perfect, its standards compliance superb and its speed
> >promises nirvana.  AND, it's skinnable!  :-))
>
> I just wish it was faster opening....  I like Opera these days.  I find IE
> impossible to work with mostly due to the way it caches (and caches, and
> caches,... ).

Yes the first time you run it it's slow, but after that "Quick Launch" kicks
in and it's opening time decreases dramatically.

Re:  IE - I used to think IEs rendering engine was the best.  Since I've
started using Mozilla, and developing with Mozilla as my first browser, I
have come to realise just how far MSIE is from W3Cs standards and it's
amazed me.

As for the cache, I just disabled it completely in all IE installations.  I
have found my proxy's cache to be much more useable.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Coordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/

Re: [OT] Mozilla WAS: RE: NS4.08