Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rekha ShivKumar <re...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/26 20:19:55 UTC

Re: HTTPS testing with Jmeter?

Hi All,
Im doing HTTPS testing on Jmeter.Im following these steps:
1.Open the HTTPS url i wanna test.
2.In my Jmeter test plan,i add a HTTP request sampler and give the details
of: the IP addess of the webserver im testing,Protocol:HTTPS,the path:
3.I have added 2 HTTP request samplers.:first the URL of the login page
,second the URL of the page after login
4.Should i give any credentails with the HTTPS request Sampler before i run
the test.

Pls help me in this..

thanks,
RS

On 4/10/06, Pavel Gouchtchine <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
> You can try PureTest (http://minq.se). It could record https.
> I hope it is still working.
>
> Thanks.
> Pavel
>
> On 4/10/06, Rekha ShivKumar <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > thanks Sebb !! that was v helpful !
> >
> > On 4/8/06, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've just created this:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterAndHTTPS

> > > Jmeter.Foreg.
> -userid
> like
> secure
> will
> > > be

> > --

Rekha ShivKumar
SQA Engineer

Re: problems with variables

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27/04/06, bgordon <bb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Sebb, you said below...
>
>  Can I use it in the Fielname field of a View Results Tree listener?
>
> No, sorry.
>
>  Is there some way to take a property and store it in a variable and then use the variable in the Filename field? Is there now way to parameterize that field?

No, sorry.

It's on my list of TODOs, but it's not trivial, as the filenames are
resolved before variables/functions have been set up fully.

You can of course use the -l flag and pass in any filename you want
from the shell.

Re: problems with variables

Posted by bgordon <bb...@yahoo.com>.
Sebb, you said below...

  Can I use it in the Fielname field of a View Results Tree listener?

No, sorry.

  Is there some way to take a property and store it in a variable and then use the variable in the Filename field? Is there now way to parameterize that field?

  Thanks, Bruce

sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
  On 26/04/06, bgordon wrote:

> Can I set properties in jmeter.properties and then use
> a)${somePropertyName} or

No, ${name} is for ${someVariableName}

> b)${__P(somePropertyName,error-set-somePropertyName)}

Sort of:

${__P(somePropertyName,default)}

The second parameter is the fixed text default, and can be omitted, in
which case the default is 1.

> in the Server Name or IP: of an HTTP Request Defaults?

Yes.

> Can I use it in the Fielname field of a View Results Tree listener?

No, sorry.

> I'm having trouble getting the variable resolved (initially it was being set via the ant task, now I've regressed to setting it via the property file.
>
> If JMeter is started as a gui, does it still take the parameters from jmeter.properties?

Yes.

> How can I log the variables to help me figure out where the problem is?

The easiest is probably to add a Java Request Sampler, and put it in
the label field - it will then show up in Listeners.

Re: stopping a test dynamically

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I meant

Assertion:
* Duration Assertion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Look at the Post-Processors

Posted by bgordon <bb...@yahoo.com>.
any ideas? -Bruce

Posted by bgordon <bb...@yahoo.com>.

Re: problems with variables

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

problems with variables

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26/04/06, Rekha ShivKumar <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Im doing HTTPS testing on Jmeter.Im following these steps:
> 1.Open the HTTPS url i wanna test.
> 2.In my Jmeter test plan,i add a HTTP request sampler and give the details
> of: the IP addess of the webserver im testing,Protocol:HTTPS,the path:
> 3.I have added 2 HTTP request samplers.:first the URL of the login page
> ,second the URL of the page after login
> 4.Should i give any credentails with the HTTPS request Sampler before i run
> the test.

If the web-site has a login form, you will need to provide the login details.

What happens when you try running the test plan?