Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/09/17 00:33:36 UTC

How to fetch /authentication/ID in Action?

Hi guys,

I'm working on creating a page that's not auth-protected at all, but it
needs to show 1 particular piece of info if indeed the user is logged in.
The pipeline that generates the page calls an Action, and this action is the
thing that calculates the value if the user is logged in.

So my question is: How can my Action programmatically determine if the user
is logged in and, if so, fetch the /authentication/ID tag contents?

For my protected pipelines that need to call actions and use the ID, I've
just been using the {ID} returned by the auth-protect action, but I can't do
that here.  So how do I do it programmatically?

Thanks!

Sonny