Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Timo Eckert <ec...@ipexmedia.com> on 2004/10/08 11:30:46 UTC

Apache1 and own ErrorLog-Handler?

Hello,

is it possible on Apache1 to "pipe" the Error-Logs to an own handler?
Not to an external Programm. I'm writing an one Log-Module, and I
also want, if its possible, to handle the ErrorLogs.

Regards,
Timo.

Re: Apache1 and own ErrorLog-Handler?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:07:45 +0200, Timo Eckert <ec...@ipexmedia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:46:29 -0400
> Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > is it possible on Apache1 to "pipe" the Error-Logs to an own
> > > handler?
> >
> > no; unlike Apache 2, Apache 1.3 has no such capability
>
> Ok,
>
> where have i to search in the source, that ErrorLog-Filenames
> will be parsed through strftime(); ?

the log record is actually written somewhere in src/main/http_log.c;
the function is called log_error_core()

that code would need to be modified if you wanted to add a new type of
action to take with the final log message

Re: Apache1 and own ErrorLog-Handler?

Posted by Timo Eckert <ec...@ipexmedia.com>.
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:46:29 -0400

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.