Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bl...@mayo.edu> on 2013/01/23 20:26:32 UTC

UMLS resource files in sourceforge with ASF license text

Since the UMLS has been separated into its own SourceForge project, does the ASF license text need to be removed from the files? For example:
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/ctakesresources/code/trunk/ctakes-resources-umls2011ab/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/dictionary/lookup/LookupDesc.xml

Thanks
Troy Bleeker * Senior Business Analyst CBAP(r) * Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
Phone: 507-293-1574 * Fax: 507-284-0360 * bleeker.troy@mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic * 200 First Street SW * Rochester, MN 55905 * www.mayoclinic.org

RE: UMLS resource files in sourceforge with ASF license text

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
IANAL but I don't think we need to update the files.
We contributed those files to Apache, then copied them to sourceforge (SF).
Otherwise I think we'd have to go back and figure out who (which of us) contributed them to Apache and they would have to contribute to SF and update the header. Easier to just say we copied them from Apache.

-- James