Posted to user@ant.apache.org by eagerbeaver <de...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/11 19:33:41 UTC

Build fails with error "Could not create task or type of type: eclipse.buildScript"

Hi

I just switched our build over from eclipse 3.2 and ANT 1.6.5 to build
against eclipse 3.4 using ANT 1.7.  I set the environment variable ANT_HOME
(to the 1.7 install folder) and changed PATH to include %ANT_HOME%\bin.

But when I run the build it falls over when it gets to the point of
generating the build scripts.

"Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon."

I am no sure why eclipse.buildScript is not found.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks. D.

Re: Build fails with error "Could not create task or type of type: eclipse.buildScript"

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
This is really more of an Eclipse question, but have
you verified you are running your Ant build in the
same VM as Eclipse?  This is (unless you want to jump
through a bunch of hoops) a requirement for running
the Ant tasks provided in Eclipse.

HTH,
Matt