Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> on 2005/06/30 09:06:25 UTC

Re: Antwort: Re: Eclipse .project & .classpath files (is he talking about Maven again?!?!?!)

christian.rueedi@globus.ch wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just want to give my response aswell. As a rarely jsf developer, I'm
> always in the situation, that
> I've got to setup my myfaces enviroment from new, because I'm not always
> on track with the changes.
> Even Eclipse and its different web/jsf plugins change so quickly...
> It would save me alot of time if I could take the settings from one of
> the developers.
>
> It shouldn't be, that it is a must to use it. But for those who need a
> jump start.... it would be very comfortable...
>
> greets
>
>  Chris
>

> 	*"James Mitchell" <jm...@apache.org>*
>
> 24.06.2005 19:41
> Bitte antworten an "MyFaces Development"
>

>         An:        "MyFaces Development" <de...@myfaces.apache.org>
>         Kopie:
>         Thema:        Re: Eclipse .project & .classpath files (is he
> talking about Maven again?!?!?!)
>

> I know I don't have a vote here ;)  but if I did, it would be -1
>
> Best case
> ---------
> By doing this, you are forcing every developer to deal with files that will
> always appear to have changes/differences.  Yes, Eclipse will touch those
> files.
>
> In most projects that I've been involved in.  You generally want to ignore
> those files because they assume a certain IDE is being used by all.

I am in the same league as you although being more than familiar with
ant, have been using it myself for several years and many projects, I
always prefer to do the builds from an IDE and use ant only for cross
platform project team synching (aka stable build check)
and packaging.

Having a simple save cycle like in eclipse is so much faster than having
to go through ant constantly.
Although ant has its merits, I would welcome eclipse templates in a
separate sidedir which could be used as a jumpstart for development.