Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 16:21:59 UTC

Timeline for next major Arrow release (1.0.0)

hi folks,

Based on the previous discussions about release timelines, the window
for the next major release would be around the week of July 6. Does
this sound reasonable?

I see that Neal has created a wiki page to help track the burndown

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/Arrow+1.0.0+Release

There are currently 214 issues in the 1.0.0 backlog. Some of these are
indeed blockers based on the criteria we've indicated for making the
1.0.0 release. Would project stakeholders please review their parts of
the backlog and remove issues that aren't likely to be completed in
the next 21 days?

Thanks,
Wes

Re: Timeline for next major Arrow release (1.0.0)

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
On 2020. Jul 15., Wed at 2:13, Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we are basically code complete for the release at this point
> except for two outstanding issues:
>
> * ARROW-9424 (disabling writing LZ4-compressed Parquet files in C++)
> -- awaiting CI
> * ARROW-9139 (switching default "engine" for
> pyarrow.parquet.read_table) -- CI green but awaiting a decision

Waiting for this patch to land on master.
Please don’t merge anything unrelated until I cut RC0.

Thanks, Krisztian

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Murray <ry...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
I will help review the backlog and move out some issues where there
has not been activity.

I plan to be done with development by Monday -- there may be some
reviews / patched to be merged on Monday but aside from that I think
we should focus on stabilizing all of our builds and merging any
lingering "blockers" so that we can have an RC available by Tuesday or
Wednesday at the latest (ideally).

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.