Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/03 11:04:38 UTC

Re: Default buffer size

On 6/27/06, daune.jf@daune-consult.com <da...@daune-consult.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it is guaranteed that 'incoming' buffers have a capacity
> of SocketSessionConfig.getReceiveBufferSize().
>
> I mean that if I change this value, buffer size will be changed
> accordingly.

Yes.  It is always guarenteed that the buffer MINA allocates is equal to or
greater than the socket read buffer size you configured.  But the size of
the allocated buffer is not always equal to the socket read buffer size due
to the sideeffect of the internal buffer pooling mechanism.

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6