Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/06/11 22:46:59 UTC

ApacheCon Call For Papers (closes in 2 weeks, on June 25)

Dear UIMA/DUCC/RUTA/uimaFIT/UIMA-AS/UIMA-sandbox enthusiast,

As you may be aware, ApacheCon will be held this year in Budapest, on
November 17-23. (See http://apachecon.eu for more info.)

The Call For Papers for that conference is still open, but will be
closing soon. We need you talk proposals, to represent UIMA or any
of its subprojects at ApacheCon. We need all kinds of talks -
deep technical talks, hands-on tutorials, introductions for beginners,
or case studies about the awesome stuff you're doing with it.

Please consider submitting a proposal, at
http://events.linuxfoundation.org//events/apachecon-europe/program/cfp

Thanks!  -Marshall Schor, on behalf of the UIMA Community

Re: ApacheCon Call For Papers (closes in 2 weeks, on June 25)

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jens,

I personally plan to go, not sure I'll be able to submit something about
UIMA.
In my experience it's usually very nice for learn about new projects and /
or about new usages / use cases and for putting names to faces (e.g. I met
Joern at ApacheCon EU 2012 and we had interesting discussions about UIMA,
OpenNLP and Brat).

My 2 cents,
Tommaso

Posted by Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>.