Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr> on 2012/06/20 00:15:14 UTC

How is it possible?

Hi All,

In my Schema.xml I have:

<field name="patent-number" type="text_general" indexed="true"
stored="true" required="true"/>
<uniqueKey>patent-number</uniqueKey>

And when I do on my Admin Page:
patent-number:BE858458A1

then I get two identical documents ?!!!

May be I run twice:
java -jar post.jar BE.xml

but as Patent-Number is a uniqueKey the second indexation will have no
effect when identical patent-number are found?! no ?

Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Bruno

Re: How is it possible?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
You'll have to reindex. It's the only way out of this situation, sorry.

    Erik

Re: How is it possible?

Posted by Bruno Mannina <bm...@free.fr>.

Re: How is it possible?

Posted by Rafał Kuć <r....@solr.pl>.
Hello!

Try using string type instead of text_general. That should help.

 Rafał Kuć
 Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch - ElasticSearch