Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alireza Fattahi <Al...@pdpsoft.com> on 2002/11/12 14:15:10 UTC

Change the validation in the action bean

Hi,

We use the validation frame work and set all form validations in
validation.xml. We want to know if we can change the "depends" value in the
action form.

Here is validation.xml:

  <form name="aForm">
  <field property="aDate" depends="DateValidation">
    <arg0 key="label.aDate" />
    <var>
       <var-name>pattern</var-name>
       <var-value>yyyy/MM/dd</var-value>
     </var>
  </field>

We want to change the "depends" value from "DateValidation" to some thing
else.
I think that the struts loads the validation.xml into memory and use it. How
can I access and change this object?

Alireza