Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Cowgar <jc...@cowgar.com> on 2003/05/16 16:16:00 UTC

Tutorial of Cocoon and Xindice?

Is their a "Build a simple app" tutorial that uses Xindice as the backend db?
I have went through some tutorials but I am having problems adapting them to
Xindice.

I have been able to make it read the database, apply stylesheets, etc... What
I am hoping to find is something like the Cocoon tutorial that manages
departments and employees but for xmldb...

Thanks,

Jeremy

Re: 2.1 .. when beta? (Was: Re: Tutorial of Cocoon and Xindice?)

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@simbiosystems.com>.
Jeremy,

I am the original writer of that how-to. When it was written that disclaimer
was added just in case.
Although I do not know when beta will come out (if at all), the milestone
releases seem to give at least some stability to the project.

For what I know, and tested, I can say that the XMLDB API is very stable.
The Xindice project released a 1.1 beta version and I can say the how-to
works with that version with very minor changes.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about the XMLForm framework. It seems
that major changes are being made to the framework since it was taken
outside of the Cocoon project scope by Ivelin. Anyway, the changes seem to
go in the right direction and towards a better compatibility with the XForms
spec. Maybe when (if) this changes are merged with the Cocoon project again,
the how-to should be updated.
Ivelin can comment better about this.

Hope it helps a little :-)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
I think it refers to 2.1 especially because of XML Form. I don't know about
XIndice. Otherwise here are some more resources:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Search.jsp?query=xindice.

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

2.1 .. when beta? (Was: Re: Tutorial of Cocoon and Xindice?)

Posted by Jeremy Cowgar <jc...@cowgar.com>.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/howto/howto-xindice-xmlform.html

???