Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net> on 2013/01/11 20:09:41 UTC

RE: FlexUnit Location

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Michael A. Labriola < labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

> >That would probably save one migration, otherwise you'll have to
> >migrate
> to SVN and then to Git again, sounds like a pain...
>
> I am mostly concerned about losing the history and the GIT to SVN
> migration seems to only keep some limited history.

It's that time of year again when I ask what we want to do with FlexUnit. It's in github now with all  the history but it's also languishing over their without enough attention. Should we make the call just to get it into the repos here or wait?

Mike

RE: FlexUnit Location

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>Would it be too hard to keep both versions alive until they can be merged on git?

It's not hard to keep the code separate, its more about trying to get all of the flex support back into one place where there are more than just my eyes on it.

Mike

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Michael A. Labriola <
labriola@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

> >Do we know who owns it? Is that person willing to donate the code to the
> ASF?
>
> I own it. I donated it. The grant was filed with Apache last august.

I'm sorry. I should've done the research :-) Ok, then I think we can go
ahead and import it then.

Greg

RE: FlexUnit Location

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>Do we know who owns it? Is that person willing to donate the code to the ASF?

I own it. I donated it. The grant was filed with Apache last august.

We have just been waiting to figure out where to put it. Problem is, since it's not Apache yet, all support and other things are happening outside of here which means users are getting the benefit of the community support and it all ends up solely on me. Trying to figure out ways to get it here so that it can become part of the larger project.

Mike

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
Do we know who owns it? Is that person willing to donate the code to the
ASF?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Michael A. Labriola <

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
What about just moving it into SVN and keeping the GitHub repo to browse
the history up to that point?

-omar

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>wrote:

> My vote is to get it over here.  I don't see the GIT thing moving forward
> in the next 6 months, IMHO.
>
> -Nick

+1 to what Nick said.

Re: FlexUnit Location

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think we should wait.  I don't recall anyone on this list itching to make
any changes to FlexUnit.  I see lots of activity in infra working on the Git
stuff.  Hopefully we can move to Git "soon".

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: FlexUnit Location