Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Omar Gonzalez <s9...@apache.org> on 2012/03/31 19:35:56 UTC

Apache Flex Versioning... again (#leSigh) (was Re: [DISCUSS][FLEX-7] package "org.apache.flex")

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>wrote:

> You are right, it was not decided (one step at a time): that's why I
> marked it as "first release" and "first major release".
>
> yours
> Martin.
>

> On 31/03/2012 21:03, Jeffry Houser wrote:
>
>> On 3/31/2012 1:06 AM, Martin Heidegger wrote:
>>

>>>  1) Keep the current package names in the first Apache Flex release 4.8
>>>  2) Change the package names in the first major Apache release 5
>>>

>>  In terms of version numbers; I didn't think anything was decided.  I
>> understood there was a chance Adobe could continue the Adobe Flex 4.x line
>> for support reasons; and we probably want to avoid any duplication of
>> numbers.

We've had this discussion so many times, here's a link to one particular
time: [1]

That's why the current numbers are in the wiki: [2]

Do we really need to have this discussion again?

[1]
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev+%5BDISCUSS%5D+ApacheFlex+Versioning#query:list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.flex-dev%20%5BDISCUSS%5D%20ApacheFlex%20Versioning+page:1+mid:4orcez5h2xkq4zgg+state:results

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Decisions+so+far

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org