Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Delahunty <bd...@tssg.org> on 2003/06/18 17:10:54 UTC

XML Parsing + SAX

Hey,

I have a String that contains an XML file [not a URL/URI that points to an XML file but the actual XML itself].

I'm tying to use this string in a custom generator to produce sa exents. I'm using this code so far:

XMLReader xmlr = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
xmlr.setContentHandler(this.contentHandler);
xmlr.parse( <don't know what goes here> );

I can't get parse to work with a String.

Any ideas?

Brian

Re: XML Parsing + SAX

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Brian Delahunty" <bd...@tssg.org> writes:

> Hey,
>

> I have a String that contains an XML file [not a URL/URI that points to an XML
> file but the actual XML itself].
>

> I'm tying to use this string in a custom generator to produce sa exents. I'm
> using this code so far:
>
> XMLReader xmlr = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader();
> xmlr.setContentHandler(this.contentHandler);
> xmlr.parse( <don't know what goes here> );
>

> I can't get parse to work with a String.

 StringReader reader = new java.io.StringReader(myString);
 InputSource src = new org.xml.sax.InputSource(reader);
 xmlr.parse(src);

However in Cocooon I would not lookup the XMLReader throught XMLReaderFactory, but try
to lookup a instance of  org.apache.excalibur.xml.sax.SAXParser.