Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de> on 2008/10/09 11:33:49 UTC

Need help with more than just one index

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a chance to use solr with more than just one
index ? Is there a chance a could switch to another index if
I want to search another context ?

for example :

searching for books : use index1 (schema1.xml)
searching for magazines : use index 2 (schema2.xml)

please help me...

--
Greets -Ralf-

Re: Need help with more than just one index

Posted by "Kraus, Ralf | pixelhouse GmbH" <rk...@pixelhouse.de>.
Hannes Carl Meyer schrieb:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> since Solr 1.3 it is possible to run multiple cores (indexes) inside a
> single deployment, please check:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes
>
> it is not even about seperating indexes but also have different
> configurations, index and query analyzers etc.

Thx a lot Hannes !

Posted by Hannes Carl Meyer <ha...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ralf,

since Solr 1.3 it is possible to run multiple cores (indexes) inside a
single deployment, please check:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MultipleIndexes

it is not even about seperating indexes but also have different
configurations, index and query analyzers etc.

Regards

Hannes