Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/05/19 15:39:00 UTC

Sprint Request: Replacing Tasks/Actions by AntTask targets

Hi Lenya developers,

the AntTask is quite stable by now.
The main advantages are:

- make use of all Ant tasks and features
- simple and unified configuration of parameters
   like paths etc. in the buildfile
- built-in logging
- built-in command-line interface

At the moment, it seems to be possible to implement
some usecases, e.g., revision control actions, using
AntTask targets. We could get rid of the publisher.xconf
file, the PublishingEnvironment and the RCEnvironment
classes. A lot of parameter passing could be eliminated
from the sitemap and Java files. IMHO, AntTask targets are
quite self-contained so that creating/changing them has
very little influence on the general Lenya API.

Many existing publications would be affected, so it
would have to be done before the move to Apache.

If I'm not the only one who is interested in this issue :)
and someone would join me, we could do a sprint this
weekend.

What do you think?

Andreas