Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/25 11:26:21 UTC

Re: re [announce] tomcat 4.0 milestone 1 released@1.sdm

> > * Supports the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications, in addition
> >   to Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1.  The current state of this support is
> >   documented in the "NEW_SPECS.txt" file.

> And JMX based management is coming really soon ;)

That's cool. Definitely... and how this is going to work with Avalon ?
I'm just curious :-)

Sebastien

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> > > * Supports the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications, in addition
> > >   to Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1.  The current state of this support is
> > >   documented in the "NEW_SPECS.txt" file.
>
> > And JMX based management is coming really soon ;)
>
> That's cool. Definitely... and how this is going to work with Avalon ?
> I'm just curious :-)

With a wrapper for the Embedded class, just like JMX. There will be some
work to be done to solve the path related problems if we want to package
Catalina as a block ... I'll make use of Avalon configuration handling
features for the server configuration. I won't write it until the Avalon
guys release their next version, though (I tried to keep up with their API
changes in the past, but it's really too much effort).

Remy