Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2016/01/21 21:53:56 UTC

Apache Conference

Hi,

the deadline is Feb 12th. Anyone interested in submitting a talk?

Markus

Re: Apache Conference

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> wrote:

> On 2016-01-21 17:06, Byung-Gon Chun wrote:
>
>> Markus, are you referring to Apache Big Data North American conf.
>>

> Yes. Sergiy and I will do something for it. Most likely, it will be short
> version of the material used in the SIGNMOD paper.
>
> There's also Hadoop summit.
>>

> I'll pass on that one. Anyone else willing to whip something up? Note
> that REEF itself was presented there in 2014, and Sergiy presented ML
> work on top of REEF last year.
>
> Lastly, there is the ATC call for practioner talks.
>> https://www.usenix.org/conference/atc16/call-for-talks. This is due
>> Monday, Feb. 1, 2016. The submission requires only 1-2 pages. If
>> someone is interested in submitting, I'm happy to help.
>>

> +1 I can help as well.

Markus

The practitioner talk session started last year in ATC. The focus is to
present a system that runs in production and the experience of running such
a system.
It's best for someone who've been involved in production systems to submit
this proposal. :)

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Apache Conference

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Re: Apache Conference

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Markus, are you referring to Apache Big Data North American conf. (
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america)?
Yes, we should.

There's also Hadoop summit.
http://www.hadoopsummit.org/san-jose/call-for-abstracts/?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonvanOc%2B%2FhmjTEU5z17uwqXKSyh4kz2EFye%2BLIHETpodcMTcRnNL%2FYDBceEJhqyQJxPr3AKNkNy9RxRhHqDg%3D%3D
The abstract is due Jan. 22 (tomorrow in PDT).

Lastly, there is the ATC call for practioner talks.
https://www.usenix.org/conference/atc16/call-for-talks.
This is due Monday, Feb. 1, 2016. The submission requires only 1-2 pages.
If someone is interested in submitting, I'm happy to help.

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Apache Conference

Posted by Sergiy Matusevych <se...@gmail.com>.