Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1996/06/02 03:19:54 UTC

Re: apache week and cookies and a patch

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Paul Sutton wrote:
> The issue then is whether Apache should be updated to reflect the Netscape
> cookie implementation over and above the HTTP specification. Apache will
> still be HTTP/1.0 compliant, but it will have to be hacked to know that in
> one particular case, it cannot merge multiple headers into one. That is
> what I meant when I referred to the Netscape spec 'breaking' the HTTP/1.0
> spec.
>
> I've attached a simple patch which does this, if desired. The patch adds a
> new table function, table_add(), in alloc.c which adds a duplicate key
> into a table, then duplicate set-cookie headers as table_add()'ed to the
> outgoing headers in scan_script_header(), if the NETSCAPE_COOKIE_HACK
> define is set.

+1.  Does mod_cookies cause any problems when used in combination with
CGI's?  Should that be modified too?

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/

Re: apache week and cookies and a patch

Posted by Mark J Cox <ma...@ukweb.com>.
> +1.  Does mod_cookies cause any problems when used in combination with
> CGI's?  Should that be modified too?

+1 to Paul's patch

mod_cookies (+1 to rename to mod_tracking in 1.2) doesn't interfere with
cookies generated by user CGI programs;  currently one Set-Cookie line is
generated for tracking, and one Set-Cookie line for all the Set-Cookies
output by the CGI.

Mark