Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it> on 2003/06/17 14:31:52 UTC

Exception caught in RemoteDelivery.run(): java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm getting this exception

	Exception caught in RemoteDelivery.run(): java.lang.NullPointerException

since I put in production 2.2.0a5 (a CVS update). The message is lost.

I was running since a few days my changes for the "on{Match|Mailet}Exception" support but on 2.2.0a4, so this part of 2.2.0a5 shouldn't be related.

Strangely, It occurred to me three times while sending messages *to this list* (I had to resend it), and only to another message sent by someone else to a long list of recipients in different domains; about 400 other messages were sent to non local users during the same period without any problem. I have five delivery threads running.

If I notice anything else I will let you know.

Vincenzo

RE: Exception caught in RemoteDelivery.run(): java.lang.NullPointerException

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Exception caught in RemoteDelivery.run(): java.lang.NullPointerException

Can you provide a stack trace?  I'm not spotting anything obvious in recent
changes that would cause an NPE in run(), but I'll look more closely.

> Strangely, It occurred to me three times while sending messages
> *to this list* (I had to resend it), and only to another message
> sent by someone else to a long list of recipients in different
> domains

I wonder if there is an error in the DNSServer change.

	--- Noel