Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk> on 2004/07/13 05:41:21 UTC

where to put the axis-geronimo module

Hi Dims;
to where should I commit the axis-geronimo module (AxisGbean + axis
geronimo integration classes)
http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~hemapani/JSR109/axis-geronimo.zip

1) I can put it in to the EWS but then EWS need about half of the geronimo
Jar's to build. So I like to keep it separate as does in the "Spring". But
the ews dir stucture does not allow to add new module indside?
2) I can commit it in to something like contirb/axis-gronimo so we ca put
it to right place when the time comes.

Thanks
Srinath

Subject: Re: Web Services items for J2EE 1.4
From:    "Srinath Perera" <he...@opensource.lk>
Date:    Thu, July 8, 2004 9:27 am
To:      dims@apache.org
         "Jeremy Boynes" <je...@coredevelopers.net>
Cc:      dev@geronimo.apache.org

Hi Dims, Jeremy and all;

in the http://www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~hemapani/JSR109/axis-geronimo.zip I got a
"simple" AxisGbean ..
I start it and invoke a webservice and it works :)

I am just put it there as it is. I am not yet thought about the parameter
AxisGBean should have ..... and it still start with the geronimo test
kernel  I just want to know am going in right path.

Couple of Q's
=============
1) how to get that GBean started when the Geronimo starts up
2) I think when it start up the jetty should be up .. here i did it
explicitly but how to put a dependany .. I do not found how yet ?

I am build this based on the Geronimo test classes there may be way to
make the code look good pls let me know.

Thanks
Srinath

(make sure you point the varibale to the webapps dir in your mechine. -
Read Below).

How to build it
==============
1)copy the axis folder to the geronimo module dir and it can be build as a
geronimo module.
2) before build it make sure that In the "WebserviceContiner" class
"public String WEB_APPS =
"D:/servers/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/deploy/axis";"
 points to your webapps/axis dir  of your local axis :)

> Srinath,
>
> Check out the spring support being added to Geronimo. Axis needs to be
seamlessly integrated into Geronimo. This means adding a AxisGBean that
allows:
> - No need for custom AxisServlet/AdminServlet entries in web.xml - No
need to use AdminClient for deploy. Things get automatically deployed.

See http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ws-juddi/extras/jaxr/

>> > --
>> > Davanum Srinivas - http://webservices.apache.org/~dims/
>> >

>> ------------------------------------
>> Lanka Sofware Foundation
>> ------------------------------------

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

------------------------------------
Lanka Sofware Foundation
------------------------------------

Re: where to put the axis-geronimo module

Posted by ja...@mac.com.
+1

On 13 Jul 2004, at 11:40, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> +1 to creating axis module in geronimo. It's time to get this into the
> mainstream.
>
> -- dims
>
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:48:13 -0700, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> How about just as the axis module in Geronimo?
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: where to put the axis-geronimo module

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
Thanks dims, I was worried about hard coded string ... you have fix it :)
Srinath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Srinath,

Posted by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
+1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@opensource.lk>.
sure Jeremy that is better... I was thinking how to put the ews jar ..
may be we kept the ews jar in a profile and get maven to downlod it
when building. (I have to keep the jar upto date).
Srinath
> How about just as the axis module in Geronimo?
>
> --
> Jeremy

Lanka Sofware Foundation

Re: where to put the axis-geronimo module

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gmail.com>.