Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Sakthivel.P" <p....@gmail.com> on 2011/01/29 16:51:27 UTC

ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk

Hi,

I'm new to derby, when I start writing data into db i'm getting the
follwoing exception from derby.log
can any one help me to fix it.

thanks

------------  BEGIN SHUTDOWN ERROR STACK -------------

ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk
/mnt/rw-ti/rw/DerbyDatabase/TICYCLESMFR/log/log1460.dat.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.flush(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogToFile.flush(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.FileLogger.flush(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.prepareCommit(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.commit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.commit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.commit(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.doCommit(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.userCommit(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.commit(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.commit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database.commit(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.processCommands(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.writeBytes(Native Method)
    at java.io.RandomAccessFile.write(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogAccessFile.writeToLog(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.log.LogAccessFile.flushDirtyBuffers(Unknown
Source)
    ... 14 more
============= begin nested exception, level (1) ===========

Re: ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk

Posted by "Sakthivel.P" <p....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks. I've verified disk space. It has enough space.

Filesystem            Size  Used  Avail Use%  Mounted on
/dev/xvdf             99G   18G   77G  19%  /mnt/rw-ti

Regards
Stivel

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lily Wei <li...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Sakthivel:
    Welcome to Derby. Glad to hear your Derby is up.
Derby is a great platform for Embedded Java Database.
Looking forward to hear from you more.

Thanks,
Lily

________________________________
The problem is solved once I restart derby. Derby version is 10.6.

Thanks

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Bryan Pendleton<bp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks. I've verified disk space. It has enough space.

>>Filesystem            Size  Used  Avail Use%  Mounted on
>>/dev/xvdf             99G   18G   77G  19%  /mnt/rw-ti
>>

>>       ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk
>>/mnt/rw-ti/rw/DerbyDatabase/TICYCLESMFR/log/log1460.dat.

There are other possible limits. For example, FAT-32 file
systems limit the size of an individual file to 2GB or 4GB
I believe.

Have a close look at the file in the message above; what is
the size of that file at this time?

Also, are there possibly user quotas or other filesystem
restrictions on file sizes or disk space usage?

thanks,

bryan

Re: ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
> I'm using linux. DB size is 350MB only.
> The problem is solved once I restart derby. Derby version is 10.6.

Hmmm... Interesting. I haven't seen this behavior before.

Possibly you had an active transaction, which had performed
some updates but had not yet committed, and the database
was attempting to perform a checkpoint, and could not make room.

By restarting Derby, you then allowed Derby to abort that old transaction.

Just a guess, I'm afraid.

I'm glad you've resolved your problem for now, hope you continue
to find success with Derby.

thanks,

bryan

Re: ERROR XSLA0: Cannot flush the log file to disk

Posted by "Sakthivel.P" <p....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sakthivel.P" <p....@gmail.com>.