Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Clif Flynt <cl...@cflynt.com> on 2010/10/26 18:40:02 UTC

New member

Hi,
  I'm starting a fairly major project and intending to use Apache2,
Rivet and the 8.6 tdbc and TclOO.  We're anticipating 1000+
simultaneous users once the system goes live.

  I'll be beating on the form.tcl package fairly hard (already
had one go-to with it).  I've got a version of form.tcl that's
happy (partly) with the 8.6 out-of-the-box version of Itcl.  This
seemed to want a few more of the TclOO constructs (using [self] to
call object internal methods.)

  Suggestions and comments are welcome.

  Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (2nd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..

Re: New member

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Welcome Clif,

Re: New member

Posted by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clif,

Welcome to Rivet!

FlightAware uses Rivet extensively.  We use a CDN for performance and we also use Varnish to front-end our Apache servers, including using ESI includes where part of the content of a page can be cached by Varnish.  Behind it all sit four reasonably powerful 1U webservers behind a load balancer, all running Rivet, using a PostgreSQL cluster for the backend.  We serve something like 90 million pages a month to about 2.5 million users.

We made a slight variant of the forms package that returns the form rather than emitting it.  This is useful for, you know, assembling complex pages.

Come on in, the water's fine!

Karl