Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2000/10/15 20:58:30 UTC

Re: Execute (was: random function)

> Btw. do multiple 'execute' functions get called in parallel when done
> in one embperl file? eg. when I have 5 files included in index.html
> via Execute could they start accessing db at the same time?

No, Execute's are execute in the order they appear in your sourcefile

> If so - is there an option to have a simple 'include'  so the embperl
> parser runs the final code as if it was contained in one file?
>
> Or is the only way to move all the included files into one?

You can specify a package name to Execute, to let them all execute in the
same namespace, which is nearly the same, as first including them and then
parsing them, but it will take up extra memory, because the include files
are compiled in every namespace of every page that calls them.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151