Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/18 14:20:14 UTC

Gee i wish....

Gee, I wish there was a way I could tell spamassassin I want a 0.2
score on a given test for each time it is hit within a message. I
have some spams I could drive up over 20 points with such a rule
that might hit in half the hams I receive all of one or two times.

{O.O}

Re: Gee i wish....

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Bob Proulx" <bo...@proulx.com>

> jdow wrote:
> > Gee, I wish there was a way I could tell spamassassin I want a 0.2
> > score on a given test for each time it is hit within a message. I
> > have some spams I could drive up over 20 points with such a rule
> > that might hit in half the hams I receive all of one or two times.
>
> Ah, so you want a counting rule.  Could be useful.

Very. There is one phish type spam I get that has huge numbers of
http markups, around each letter in the text. A counter on that
message would push its score into the stratosphere.

And another technique that seems to be floating around, from wareglobe.com,
is multiple alternating Subject and From headers. A counting rule plus a
meta rule would nail them to a tree neatly.

It really looks like it is time to figure out how to count rule hits.
This is probably not required for most rules. But for some it should be
an available option.
{^_^}

Re: Gee i wish....

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
jdow wrote:
> Gee, I wish there was a way I could tell spamassassin I want a 0.2
> score on a given test for each time it is hit within a message. I
> have some spams I could drive up over 20 points with such a rule
> that might hit in half the hams I receive all of one or two times.

Ah, so you want a counting rule.  Could be useful.

Bob