Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Steinhauer, Frank" <f....@olympus-odl.com> on 2007/06/25 18:56:31 UTC

Multi module project: Using same version no. for all modules AND parents

Hi,

in a multi module project it's possible to omit the version number in
all submodules. Great, so I may change the version for ALL my submodules
by just changing the top most version - uups, but I still have to set
the version number of the PARENT pom for ALL my modules.... Is there a
way to omit the version for the parent POM? I tried using a variable
(<version>${buildVersion}</version>), but this often fails when starting
maven for a sub module only (but I don't have the slightest idea why, or
under what circumstances). Any other idea?

Cheers,

Frank