Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2003/10/01 08:05:10 UTC

Re: not working samples (cacheable - multiple windows)

Le Mardi, 30 sep 2003, à 23:27 Europe/Zurich, Geoff Howard a écrit :

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>> http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/xsp/java/cacheable
>> Is there any reason why opening every link in a new window?
>
> Didn't write it, but assumed that the purpose is so that you can
> compare the date stamp printed out on the page between the two
> versions.

Exactly - to check the caching behaviour, you need to open several
browser windows with different values of the pageKey parameter, that's
why.

-Bertrand

Re: not working samples (cacheable - multiple windows)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/xsp/java/cacheable
>>> Is there any reason why opening every link in a new window?
>>
>> Didn't write it, but assumed that the purpose is so that you can
>> compare the date stamp printed out on the page between the two versions.
>
> Exactly - to check the caching behaviour, you need to open several
> browser windows with different values of the pageKey parameter, that's why.

Hmm, remembering 2 numbers (minutes and seconds) isn't so difficult, the
rest are not interesting, are they? When I want to compare them I click
link 1, link 2, link 1 ... and wondered why I have so many windows open ...

Ok, it's a really minor issue any I'm not using it that often, so I
should it simply ignore. It's only annying IMO.

Joerg