Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gul Onural <on...@nortel.com> on 2006/09/18 15:55:36 UTC

Using SSL and HTTPS with Axis2

Hi,

I am looking for help using SSL and HTTPS with Axis2. Is there a
document somewhere to give me a pointer on this ?

Gul

Re: Using SSL and HTTPS with Axis2

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gul,

If you are looking to configure the SeviceClient with to use HTTPS
then simply set the JSSE properties. Example:
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "path/to/ keystore");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", "password");

The keystore file must contain the public key certificate of the server.

The service SSL configuration will have to be done according to
mechanisms defined by the container that hosts Axis2. For example
tomcat-5 configuration is available here [1]

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

--