Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shelagh and Nick Richardson <ri...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/28 22:20:02 UTC

Problem with OpenOffice

I have a problem with Openoffice. It is effectively frozen with this
message:

*The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening
windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?*

There are two buttons marked Reopen and Don't Reopen, but neither of them
will respond to my click.

It prevents me from shutting down or restarting my computer.

I cannot print any documents either.

I cannot create a new OpenOffice file

I have done a 'Force quit' , but as soon as I try to shut down or restart
my laptop the same message returns.

When I open any of my OpenOffice files the same message pops up again.

My computer is an Apple Macbook Air.

Are you able to advise me what to do?

Nick Richardson

Re: Problem with OpenOffice

Posted by "F C. Costero" <fj...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Shelagh and Nick Richardson <
richardson.ns@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with Openoffice. It is effectively frozen with this
> message:
>
> *The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening
> windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again?*
>
> There are two buttons marked Reopen and Don't Reopen, but neither of them
> will respond to my click.
>

> It prevents me from shutting down or restarting my computer.
>
> I cannot print any documents either.
>
> I cannot create a new OpenOffice file
>
> I have done a 'Force quit' , but as soon as I try to shut down or restart
> my laptop the same message returns.
>

> When I open any of my OpenOffice files the same message pops up again.
>

> My computer is an Apple Macbook Air.
>
> Are you able to advise me what to do?
>
> Nick Richardson

Hello. Please take a look at this thread in the support forum. It should
solve your problem. You do not need to register on the forum to read the
thread.
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755#p244931
Francis

Re: Problem with OpenOffice

Posted by Shelagh and Nick Richardson <ri...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks for your help.
That seems to have fixed it.
Regards.
Nick

On 29 February 2016 at 10:20, Shelagh and Nick Richardson <

--
Shelagh Richardson
FTCL LTCL ARCM (Hons) IRMT

20 Vanderbilt Pde