Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by thulasiram k <kt...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/04 11:02:46 UTC

Error parsing HTTP request header

Hi,

we recently upgrade our tomcat from 7.0.91 to 7.0.94 in windows platform.
Post upgrade we are seeing the below exception in logs very frequently. can
you please suggest to avoid this.

Dec 02, 2019 1:34:09 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor
process
INFO: Error parsing HTTP request header
 Note: further occurrences of HTTP header parsing errors will be logged at
DEBUG level.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid character found in the request
target. The valid characters are defined in RFC 7230 and RFC 3986
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine(InternalInputBuffer.java:199)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1050)
 at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:319)
 at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
 at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

And will this effect anything? as I didn't receive any complaints from
users.

Thanks
Ram

Re: Error parsing HTTP request header

Posted by ktrwas <kt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Owen,The same code was deployed in 7.0.91 version and we were not getting any exceptions in tomcat logs. Once I deployed the same code in 7.0.94 it started recording this error in logs.ThanksRamSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Re: Error parsing HTTP request header

Posted by Owen Rubel <or...@gmail.com>.
Well this isn't an issue with Tomcat. I'm using an embedded version of
Tomcat in the BeAPI API Toolkit and this does not occur; mainly because it
automates 100% of the api functionality. I would say it is most likely your
application.

How are you testing your app? You should be doing integration tests. This
would show the issue or problem in the response data vs what is sent.

Owen Rubel
orubel@gmail.com

Posted by thulasiram k <kt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,