Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Roslyn Lindley <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/30 11:52:33 UTC

Unable to save .odt into .doc

Hi there

I have happily used Open Office ever since I bought my Apple MacBook in 2006. And always been able to save in another .doc format.  Suddenly in the past few weeks my .odt word documents will not Save As .doc (in any of the Microsoft word formats).  Why not?

Thank you in urgent anticipation.
Regards
Ros

Roslyn Ambler Lindley
42 Arnold Road
Irene
0062 South Africa
+27 12 667 2741
+27 84 449 5222

Re: Unable to save .odt into .doc

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:52:33 +0200
Roslyn Lindley <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have happily used Open Office ever since I bought my Apple MacBook in 2006. And always been able to save in another .doc format.  Suddenly in the past few weeks my .odt word documents will not Save As .doc (in any of the Microsoft word formats).  Why not?
>
> Thank you in urgent anticipation.
> Regards
> Ros
>

> Roslyn Ambler Lindley
> 42 Arnold Road
> Irene
> 0062 South Africa
> +27 12 667 2741
> +27 84 449 5222

Possibly, on the /File /Save As dialog the "automatic file name extension" has become unchecked. This (once checked) normally remains checked.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Unable to save .odt into .doc

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Have you check your options under the saving part.