Posted to users@camel.apache.org by huntc <hu...@mac.com> on 2010/09/10 03:49:16 UTC

CXFRS and concurrency

Hi there,

I'm interested in the throughput characteristics of a CXFRS consumer
endpoint. What I'd like to understand specifically is how many threads are
configured for the endpoint and whether the async API is being utilised in
dispatching the requests as they come in.

I couldn't find any mention of this in the doco. Intuitively I'd guess that
there's just one thread assigned to the endpoint and that the continuations
API is at play somewhere (perhaps in Jetty?).

It'd be great to have these throughput characteristics confirmed.

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: CXFRS and concurrency

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
You just need to put the httpj configure into the same configure file
with your rsServer, it will be wired with CXF bus automatically.

Willem

Re: CXFRS and concurrency

Re: CXFRS and concurrency

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/10/10 10:17 AM, huntc wrote:

> Thanks Willem. I'm using a<cxf:rsServer>  declaration - does that mean I'm
> using the cxf-http-jetty-transport?
No, I can't tell it from the <cxf:rsServer> declaration.
But if you don't use the servlet transport (which need to deploy the
camel context into a servlet container), I'm sure you are using the
jetty transport.

> How many threads should I expect to be configured in the cxfrs consumer by
> default, and how can this configuration be changed?

By default the thread pools size is 100 if I remember right, you can
change it by setting the configuration.
And you can find more information here[1]

[1]http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jetty-configuration.html
> Kind regards,
> Christopher

Willem

Re: CXFRS and concurrency

Re: CXFRS and concurrency

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/10/10 9:49 AM, huntc wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm interested in the throughput characteristics of a CXFRS consumer
> endpoint. What I'd like to understand specifically is how many threads are
> configured for the endpoint and whether the async API is being utilised in
> dispatching the requests as they come in.
If you are trying Camel 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT, the CXFRS consumer can get the
benefit of the async API. And we are heading to Camel 2.5.0 release this
month, please feel free to try it.

> I couldn't find any mention of this in the doco. Intuitively I'd guess that
> there's just one thread assigned to the endpoint and that the continuations
> API is at play somewhere (perhaps in Jetty?).
No, there is more than one thread assigned to that endpoint.
If you are using cxf-http-jetty-transport, there is a Jetty thread pool
will be used to run the camel process per thread per request.

> It'd be great to have these throughput characteristics confirmed.
>
> Kind regards,
> Christopher

Willem