Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sergio Socarras <so...@yahoo.com> on 2000/02/10 00:14:03 UTC

Performance difference between 3.0 and 3.1

  Quick question about the performance difference I've
noticed between 3.0 and 3.1M1. I have both versions
installed on my machine and have ran the simple
date.jsp test using the apache "ab" program. The
performance is extremely different between the two.
I'm hitting both servers with 100 request and 5
consecutive users. With version 3.0 I get an average
of   128 request/second. With version 3.1M1 I get an
average of 13.92 request/second. Why is there such a
difference? Is there some kind of config setting that
I may have wrong? By the way, I'm using the simple
tomcat web server in both cases and I had to compile
the 3.1M1 myself. Can someone please help me with
this.

Thanks
Sergio
http://im.yahoo.com