Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Goodspeed <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/03 16:25:12 UTC

unpackWARs Pros and Cons

Are there any pros and cons running unpackWARs one way or another?  It seems
like keeping unpackWARs="false" might be a little cleaner (not having to
remove expanded directories when deploying a new war file), but I wasn't
sure if there were any performance hits associated with running this set to
false.

Re: unpackWARs Pros and Cons

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Rachel Wilson wrote:
> We have encountered issues with deploying unpacked war files on Windows
> platforms: when redeploying webapps tomcat fails to clear out the unpacked
> directory because windows locks some jar files.  There is a
> "antiResourceLocking" workaround but we decided to work with packed war
> files in the end

Tomcat unpacks them anyway - to the 'work' directory. But yes, this
solves locking problem.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

RE: unpackWARs Pros and Cons