Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org> on 2020/12/31 08:26:15 UTC

Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Hello all,
Since we entered the incubation on 29th Aug 2019,with the contribution of everyone,our community grow up quickly.
Now, I'm glad to call on a discussion about whether we are ready for
graduation and what remains to be done.

I've summarized some of the data below:
- There are 1840 emails sent by 191 people in dev mailing-list excepted GitBox forwarded
- Released 8 Apache releases, through 5 different release managers
- Invited 14 new committers (all accepted)
- Invited 2 new PPMC members (all accepted)
- There are 149 contributors for now
- 1936 Issues created during ASF incubating, 1491 Issues resolved during ASF incubating
- 2410 PRs created during ASF incubating, 1970 PRs merged during ASF incubating
- finished the Podling Maturity Assessment for DolphinScheduler [1], all items are passed

I have created the issue [3] to ensure whether "Apache DolphinScheduler" is a suitable name,now we need to wait for the result.

Here are other things we need to discuss.
1.Website
We are updating our Website [3] content, document, and so on according to Apache rules.
and hopefully, it's following all requirements.
You may help check the rules [4] and discuss the ones that you think need to change.

2.Status File
I found I have no permisson to modify [5],Need help on how to get the modify permission.

For more details,see the checklist [6],welcome to check and add what need doing.

[1]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DOLPHINSCHEDULER/Podling+Maturity+Assessment+for+DolphinScheduler
[2]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-186
[3]https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/
[4]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.htmlddddddddddddddddddddd/>
[5]http://incubator.apache.org/projects/dolphinscheduler.html
[6]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DOLPHINSCHEDULER/DolphinScheduler+Graduation+Checklist

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

回复: Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Posted by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>.
Got it,thx,I will try it.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Inline

Posted by yongqing <59...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by 程世文 <ch...@bizseer.com>.
Great!

Best Regards

--
DolphinScheduler(Incubator) Contributor
Shiwen Cheng 程世文
Mobile: (+86)15201523580
Email: chengshiwen@bizseer.com

 DolphinScheduler official website Apache related checks have been resolved, but I think the official website documents need to be reorganized and supplemented

 Best Regards

 DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
 Caibiao Xiang 向偲彪

 790061044@qq.com

 ------------------&amp;amp;nbsp;原始邮件&amp;amp;nbsp;------------------
发送时间:&amp;amp;nbsp;2020年12月31日(星期四) 下午4:26
收件人:&amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;

 [4]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.htmlddddddddddddddddddddd/&amp;amp;gt;

Posted by 向偲彪 <xi...@qq.com>.
@lgcareer&nbsp;
       Ok, the relevant link retrieval and ASF module of the official website have met the relevant inspection requirements of Apache. Regarding the optimization of other content on the official website, I will write another email to discuss

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
Caibiao Xiang&nbsp;向偲彪
790061044@qq.com

Posted by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>.
Hi all,The following have finished.
1.Improved the content of the project state file [1].
2.Removed some Non-current releases from the Mirror repo(dist).
3.Updated the download page [2].

Now use [3] to check our project,it shows no potential issues.
Welcome to check,and If here are something still need to be improved,welcome to give feedbacks.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/dolphinscheduler.html
[2] https://dolphinscheduler.apache.org/en-us/docs/release/download.html
[3] https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/dolphinscheduler.html

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li ���

lgcareer@apache.org

������: Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>
����ʱ��: Saturday, January 16, 2021 8:59:48 PM
�ռ���: dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
����: �ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

@Caibiao
In this pr[1],I think it��s better only moving the docs of how to contribute and submit to the community module.
If here are some another docs need to be removed,we can discuss here or another thread.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler-website/pull/267

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li ���

lgcareer@apache.org

������: ������<ma...@bizseer.com>
����ʱ��: 2021��1��16�� 11:24
�ռ���: dev<ma...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
����: �ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

@Caibiao, I have gave some feedbacks on the pr 267 (https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler-website/pull/267)
In the pr, the blog has removed, so one question is whether it needs to be removed?

Best Regards

--
DolphinScheduler(Incubator) Contributor
Shiwen Cheng ������
Mobile: (+86)15201523580
Email: chengshiwen@bizseer.com

�����ˣ���Ʊ� <xi...@qq.com>
����ʱ�䣺2021��1��15��(������) 14:11
�ռ��ˣ�dev <de...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
�����⣺�ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

I have fixed this problem and submitted pr
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dolphinscheduler-website/pull/267

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
Caibiao Xiang ��Ʊ�

790061044@qq.com
------------------&nbsp;ԭʼ�ʼ�&nbsp;------------------
������:                                                                                                                        "dev"                                                                                    <lgcareer@apache.org&gt;;
����ʱ��:&nbsp;2021��1��12��(���ڶ�) ����3:28
�ռ���:&nbsp;"dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;;

����:&nbsp;�ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

@Caibiao
Ok,I saw the contents of how to contribute and submit are in the development module.
I think they are part of community building introduction.
So I total agree with you to move them in the community module.

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li ���

lgcareer@apache.org

������: ��Ʊ�<mailto:xiangcaibiao@qq.com&gt;
����ʱ��: 2021��1��11�� 19:25
�ռ���: dev<mailto:dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;
����: �ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Is it more reasonable to put the developer module in the community module?

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
Caibiao Xiang ��Ʊ�

790061044@qq.com

------------------&amp;nbsp;ԭʼ�ʼ�&amp;nbsp;------------------
������:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "dev"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <lgcareer@apache.org&amp;gt;;
����ʱ��:&amp;nbsp;2021��1��11��(����һ) ����6:58
�ռ���:&amp;nbsp;"dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;

����:&amp;nbsp;�ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

@Caibiao
Could you please give more detail about which document need to update?
We can dicuss whether it��s better to update it.

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li ���

lgcareer@apache.org

������: ��Ʊ�<mailto:xiangcaibiao@qq.com&amp;gt;
����ʱ��: 2021��1��11�� 18:23
�ռ���: dev<mailto:dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;
����: �ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

DolphinScheduler official website Apache related checks have been resolved, but I think the official website documents need to be reorganized and supplemented

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
Caibiao Xiang ��Ʊ�

790061044@qq.com

------------------&amp;amp;nbsp;ԭʼ�ʼ�&amp;amp;nbsp;------------------
������:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; "dev"&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; <lgcareer@apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;
����ʱ��:&amp;amp;nbsp;2020��12��31��(������) ����4:26
�ռ���:&amp;amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;amp;gt;;

����:&amp;amp;nbsp;Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Posted by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>.
@Caibiao
Ok,I saw the contents of how to contribute and submit are in the development module.
I think they are part of community building introduction.
So I total agree with you to move them in the community module.

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li ���

lgcareer@apache.org

������: ��Ʊ�<ma...@qq.com>
����ʱ��: 2021��1��11�� 19:25
�ռ���: dev<ma...@dolphinscheduler.apache.org>
����: �ظ���Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Is it more reasonable to put the developer module in the community module?

Best Regards

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) committer
Caibiao Xiang ��Ʊ�

790061044@qq.com

------------------&nbsp;ԭʼ�ʼ�&nbsp;------------------
������:                                                                                                                        "dev"                                                                                    <lgcareer@apache.org&gt;;
����ʱ��:&nbsp;2021��1��11��(����һ) ����6:58
[...]

����ʱ��:&amp;nbsp;2020��12��31��(������) ����4:26
�ռ���:&amp;nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&amp;gt;;

[4]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.htmlddddddddddddddddddddd/&amp;gt;

Posted by Gang Li <lg...@apache.org>.
@Caibiao
[...]

����ʱ��:&nbsp;2020��12��31��(������) ����4:26
�ռ���:&nbsp;"dev"<dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;;

[4]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html<https://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.htmlddddddddddddddddddddd/&gt;

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
got it, thanks for reminding

Best Regards
---------------
DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Lidong Dai 代立冬
dailidong66@gmail.com
---------------

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by William Guo Wei <wi...@qq.com>.
hi

it is common to move some deprecated versions to archive

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
yes, we could put some not recommended version to archive repository, like
1.2.1, 1.3.0, 1,3,1, 1.3.2

Best Regards
---------------
DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Lidong Dai 代立冬
dailidong66@gmail.com
---------------

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 6:00 PM Gang Li <lg...@apache.org> wrote:

> @Shiwen Greate Job!
>
> For issue [1], I added the wiki link in the status file [3].
> For issue [2], I visited SkyWalking's website, the download page [4]
> provides the Archive repository.
> So I think we should remove some Non-current releases,and provide the
> Archive repository link [5] to download all releases .
>
> [1] Has not provided a wiki link
> [2] 17 is a large number of release distributions. Non-current releases
> should be removed
> [3] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/dolphinscheduler.html
> [4] https://skywalking.apache.org/downloads/#all-releases
> [5] https://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/dolphinscheduler/
>

> Best Regards

> DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
> Gang Li 李岗
>
> lgcareer@apache.org

主 题:Talk about preparing graduation as TLP for Apache DolphinScheduler(Incubator)

Hello all,
Since we entered the incubation on 29th Aug 2019,with the contribution of everyone,our community grow up quickly.
Now, I'm glad to call on a discussion about whether we are ready for
graduation and what remains to be done.

I've summarized some of the data below:
- There are 1840 emails sent by 191 people in dev mailing-list excepted GitBox forwarded
- Released 8 Apache releases, through 5 different release managers
- Invited 14 new committers (all accepted)
- Invited 2 new PPMC members (all accepted)
- There are 149 contributors for now
- 1936 Issues created during ASF incubating, 1491 Issues resolved during ASF incubating
- 2410 PRs created during ASF incubating, 1970 PRs merged during ASF incubating
- finished the Podling Maturity Assessment for DolphinScheduler [1], all items are passed

I have created the issue [2] to ensure whether "Apache DolphinScheduler" is a suitable name,now we need to wait for the result.