Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/12 17:34:34 UTC

Apache Solr SpellChecker Integration with the default select request handler

Hello fellow Solr users,

I am using the default select request handler to search a Solr core , I
also use the eDismaxquery parser.

   1.

   I want to integrate this with the spellchecker search component so that
   if a search request comes in the spellchecker component also gets called
   and I get a suggestion back with search results.
   2.

   If the suggestion is above a certain threshold then I want the search to
   be made on that suggestion , otherwise the suggestion should comeback along
   with the search results for the original search term.

In order to accomplish this it seems I need to integrate the
SearchHandler.java class to call the spellchecker internally and then make
a search call if the suggestion from the spellchecker has a suggestion that
is above a certain threshold.

I would really appreciate if there any examples of calling the SpellChecker
component via the API in Solr that someone can share with me and also if
you could validate my approach. Thank You.

Re: Apache Solr SpellChecker Integration with the default select request handler

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.
Furkan,

I am not sure how this could be a security concern, what I am actually
asking is an approach to integrate the spellchecker search component within
the default request handler.

Thanks.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi;