Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2001/12/26 07:52:26 UTC

validation during build docs -[Was] VOTE: Restructuring FAQ file

Bernhard Huber wrote:
> just another note:
> book.xml has not DTD associatided, below a quick DTD for book.xml,
> I made the attributes in most cases required...
> Do you want to add it into CVS, too?

Ah, it is good to see that someone else is using validation
during "build docs" and striking similar issues. There is similar
previous discussion at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100470955710331&w=2

Basically, every XML document needs to declare its ruleset
(most easily via a DTD). The current */book.xml and svg templates
do not yet declare their DTD.

I already had a DTD for book.xml with the exact same ruleset
as yours. A workaround DTD is also required for the svg/*.xml
templates. I have just now added both initial DTDs to CVS,
and also declared the DTDs in each */book.xml

So now your build docs should proceed properly to validate
all xdocs. Note that this will work, even if the entity resolver
is broken on your platform. The declarations use a default
System Identifier that is the hard-coded relative path to the DTD.
--David Crossley