Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Major, Michael T" <mi...@lmco.com> on 2005/10/26 00:41:41 UTC

JMeter login test - password field for login - encryption?

My employer is looking for a way to test the response times of a given
website with JMeter.

Running JMeter in a non-gui mode, one of the http requests that we want
to test is the login response.  But my empolyer has a policy against
storing usernames/passwords any open document.  Knowing that the test
plan (XML doc) contains the username and password fields that JMeter has
to send along with the post request, is there any way of storing a
password more securely.  Or does anyone know of a way to have JMeter
read from an encrypted XML document.

Thank you very much,

Michael Major